about

A Collection of Images and Film Clips by Graeme Webster

Sunday 16 October 2011

Skating

I've long had an interest in rolling, being very into Mountainboarding until it nearly crippled me.  Skating, however is something I have never been good at. It is something I admire though and also something my boy, Joe (AKA "Webbo"), has a natural talent for.

It's been a while since I've been able to get any shots as Webbo's kinda hit that stage of not wanting me to.  I really need to get back on it though. Anyway, here are some for your perusal. As always, click on the pics to see 'em all big.

First up, this one really sums up a lot of happy memories for my family when the Kids' Club at the local skate park was pretty new and pretty quiet.  Webbo and my wife Becky at Prime Skatepark, Plymouth:






















Another of Webbo at Prime during a phase of his of going to the main open evenings. They could get pretty busy but he held his own OK.




















These were taken on the same evening:



























Of course there are more parks around than Prime. Cornwall is renowned for having a number of good skateparks.  These shots are from Tucking Mill, between Cambourne and Redruth, West Cornwall:




















And finally, the bizarre phenomenon that is Millbrook Skatepark.  This is a good, but not spectacular park, however the fact that it's in the middle of a really small village makes it odd, especially when you consider that it's always quiet but really well maintained!




































I really do need to get back to shooting some of this stuff... It's been a while....

Anyway to finish, here's a short video of Webbo at Millbrook. Enjoy.

Cheers

G



No comments:

Post a Comment